Application DeadlineJanuary 18th 2019
Contract TypeFull Time
Reporting ToMetering Team Leader
Are you looking for your next role? We are looking to strengthen our team in Metering. You will provide first level support of Smart Metering Network Infrastructure. You will attend site for the purpose of fixing, changing, fault-finding and commissioning the JE metering communications equipment and devices. You will also be responsible for collecting accurate data for invoicing and handle any potential revenue protection concerns. Being part of our Metering team you will uphold regulatory compliance, and high safety standards whilst upholding the Company’s purpose, vision and values.
- You will install, configure and fault-find on network connected WAN modems, GPRS modems and LV connected LDC’s to provide accurate daily readings and demand profiling with which to help accurately bill our customers. You will also build/Configure/Install/Maintain/Support Network Switches.
- Provide support and maintenance of Hardware/Software installed on Servers. Scope/build and configure Windows Servers (2012 and newer).
- You will report to the supervisor daily to ensure jobs are completed and standards of service / policy and procedures are followed.
- Liaising with internal and external parties to provide assistance and services relating to the service. You will provide information, assistance and support to customers to give the customer a positive experience.
- Following H&S procedures you will ensure work is electrically safe. As well as making sure sites are clean, tidy and jobs are carried out safely and in accordance with H&S procedures.
- Provide information, assistance and support to customers in all aspects of the service delivery business so as to give the customer a positive experience.
- To assist in the development and product testing of new and existing metering systems across the business, including the management of department laptops (Hardware/software/applications and windows updates).
- Represent the JE Corporate vision and values in all aspects of the service delivery business.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Excellent IT skills and ability to self-teach.
- Deep understanding all tariff and wiring configurations.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective social and team building skills.
- Highly motivated and flexible approach to work as an independent thinker.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to work on own with minimal supervision and able to run daily work schedules.
Level of experience:
- Experience in IT Networking & Communications
- Experience working in an IT Environment
Specific qualifications and training:
- Comptia Network+
- Microsoft Certificates
Other desirable qualities:
- SSAC (DSR)
- LVSW (DSR)
- Cisco CCNA Networking qualification or similar
- Fibre Optic Installer Qualification
- Experience with working on Electrical Distribution Circuits
- C&G (Level 3) in Electrical Distribution or equivalent
Jersey Electricity provides outstanding benefits, starting with private medical insurance, discounted electricity rates and discount within our Powerhouse shop. We offer competitive salaries combined with an attractive pension. We are family-friendly and strive to give you everything you need to both love your job and do great work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.