Application DeadlineJanuary 18th 2019
Contract TypeFull Time
Reporting ToElectrical Supervisor
CompensationWe pay above the Jersey living wage
Are you looking for your next role? We are looking to strengthen our team at our Energy department at our La Collette Power Station site. Working within the Electrical Maintenance department you will provide a technical service, electrically maintaining, repairing, troubleshooting, and helping to ensure company asset reliability and efficiency. Being part of our team you will uphold regulatory compliance, and high safety standards whilst upholding the Company’s purpose, vision and values.
- Working collaboratively with the Team, you will maintaining assets across the whole of Distribution, Production and Transmission as instructed by the Electrical Engineering Team Leader.
- You will ensure appropriate compliance with HS&E, Company procedures, Distribution Safety Rules, Generation Safety Rules and Industry standard methodology, ensuring that appropriate auditable records are kept.
- You will work closely with team members to ensure they are fully engaged, and where required, monitor their progress.
- You will be responsible and account for appointed Contractors, ensuring compliance to Jersey Electricity's standards and consistency to contract via comprehensive monitoring and reporting systems.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Time served holding a C&G level 2 qualification or equivalent
- Great IT skills.
- Good analytical, problem solving and fault-finding skills
- A deep understanding holding at least 3 years’ experience in a diverse engineering environment.
- Driving license.
Jersey Electricity provides outstanding benefits, starting with private medical insurance, discounted electricity rates and discount within our Powerhouse shop. We offer competitive salaries combined with an attractive pension. We are family-friendly and strive to give you everything you need to both love your job and do great work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.